Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Anniversary #17--Love Dare



40 days prior to my anniversary this year, Stu purchased the Love Dare 40 Day Devotional from the Kirksville Christian book store.

I had no idea.....

He had plans to spend the next 40 days reading daily through the book and focusing on me and our marriage.

Amazing......

He journaled at the end of every day, his thoughts about me, his strengths, his weaknesses, his desires and hopes.

He shared that he just wanted to do something lasting. He wanted to prepare his heart for our anniversary this year.

Our marriage has had some very rocky years. I think most couples can relate at some level to that. I thank God that through His transforming power that I have such a servant/leader husband who has given His life to Christ.

I am working my way through the journal. I will take 40 days to read all of his hearts thoughts.

I love his heart. I love so much about him. I feel so treasured and appreciated by him and now I have an entire journal right from the deep parts of his heart to read and treasure always.

This is the best anniversary gift he could have ever thought to have given me. I'm still amazed at the depth of his love and devotion.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea - he read a book for you! And gave you an extra special one to read. He sure knows you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! Go Stu! And I have to admire you for your restraint--taking 40 days to read his reflections. I would be so tempted to read it all at once! :) Oh, and can I say the pic of your hubby sorta made me giggle--what a fun goofball he is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Stu is one of a kind for sure!

    ReplyDelete