Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words



This is one of those pictures that is worth a thousand words!

Using some picture appreciation skills I've learned from Charlotte Mason, let me explain to you the depth and layers to what you are viewing.

Notice how the clock shows 9:30? A dear friend has just arrived for a much needed visit and my daughter has not yet had her breakfast. My friend's daughter is also 'starving' for her second breakfast.

We decide to give them both some instant oatmeal as a cure to their hunger.

INSTANT OATMEAL...............

I make this at our home almost daily. We all but live on it as a quick snack around here. A healthy choice in my eyes and so simple to fix. Only takes a minute or so in the microwave.

Notice how one bowl of oatmeal in the picture is like an oatmeal soup while the other is an exploded volcano of oatmeal goo?

Both bowls went in individually for the same amount of time.

Notice the coffee pot in the background? This would mean that my friend arrived and I got busy talking with her....too busy to drink my morning coffee......which might explain the oatmeal disaster??

Both girls ate their oatmeal appreciatively. Thank you girls.

They are used to their mother and her friend's crazy talking and laughing at the cost of their attentiveness to parenting......and so the oatmeal was what suffered this time and we happened to catch it on camera.

Really, Shonya, we should have had the girls take a picture of our huge smiling faces. I was so glad you brought your kiddos over for a 'way too short' morning visit.

Missing you now that I posted this. Come and see me!

1 comment:

  1. Giggle--wish I had seen this sooner, I *WOULD* have popped over, b/c we're going to the fair for my mom's bday tomorrow and I know there will be no time next week as you implement the above-mentioned schedule!!!

    Or did you leave a spot on there for me?? LOL

    This picture cracked me up--AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete